Sunday, December 27, 2009

Buy Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator


I've had experience with the standard BA-II Plus, the HP 12c, and this, the BA-II Plus Professional. Compared to the standard BA-II Plus, this one has a few extra functions which would have been useful if I had had this calculator during my college finance classes, but which now I don't have much use for at work. More than that though, the buttons on this version are far superior to the BA-II Plus. I found the buttons on that calculator far too soft, whereas this has a satisfying click that can be both felt and heard when a button pressed, much like the 12c does. I have notices that if buttons are pressed to quickly/lightly, they may not register, so I would just caution you to watch as you type, or to type slightly more deliberately if you notice a problem.

I also prefer this calculator to the HP 12c I have at work, although I do have far more experience using TI calculators, so I may be biased towards their interface already. That being said, while the RPN on the 12c is very useful for nesting several operations, the chain operations on the BA-II in combination with () buttons work just as well. However, I try to avoid nesting function after function on a calculator with only one display line in either case.

This brings me to my one complaint with the BA-II Plus Professional, as well as every other financial calculator: I want a financial calculator with a multi-line display! TI has recently released the 30XS Multiview, which gives me a scientific calculator with a 4-line display. When TI comes to its senses and does the same for a financial calculator, I'll be singing its praises all around.Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment