Tuesday, December 8, 2009

HP 48G Graphing Calculator Decide Now


The 48G is a tough calculator with more functions than I would ever use in structural engineering. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sadly, HP quality has dropped dramatically since the release of the HP 48G series. I'm sure it's a combination of design cost "optimization" and manufacturing in China that has led to the fall of hp quality. If you chat with someone who works at HP, they are surprised to hear anyone question HP quality. So workers are oblivious and shareholders are happy because optimized costs mean more money in their pockets. The only loser is the end user who has to deal with poor quality products.

I bought a 33s for testing and the buttons quit working within a few months. Since then, I bought a 35s and haven't had any problems with it yet but it has a similar cheap feel as the 33s. When I push the buttons, I push them very lightly and hope for the best.Get more detail about HP 48G Graphing Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment