Friday, January 15, 2010

Texas Instruments TI86 Graphing Calculator Best Quality


I purchased 2, my 16 year old needed a TI-86 and my 13 year old told me she needed a TI-84. I opted to purchase 2 TI-86's, but they came with nothing, no booklet, no warrantee papers no cables, AC adapters. Then I put 4 rechargeable 1.25v batteries in it and the screen was so light I could only read the screen in the dark. Then I put in 4 new Dura-cells 1.5v batteries and the screen went so dark we can't read it at all. This means the only way we can read the screen is to use 2- 1.5v & 2- 1.25 batteries.

Now after going through all that with Nathan's TI-86, then we tried Ruth's and found it reacted to battery voltage exactly the same way; so tell me what happens at the end of the class period when the batteries voltage starts to drop; will the screen just get lighter and lighter until they have to change one of the batteries? If I would have known, I would have paid double the price.

So were these, TI-86's Chinese knock-offs?

I would like to get the windows cable, but until I get an A/C adapter that works, I don't dare spend any more on it.

Papa J is not a satisfied customer
Get more detail about Texas Instruments TI86 Graphing Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment