Friday, February 5, 2010

Graphing Calculator Decide Now


I have an HP 50g too, as some of the other reviewers do. I've used my 50g for 2 years and am still trying to master how to use it (Literally I started using a calculator in general 2 years ago, when I first came to the US). Since this is not a review for the 50g, I don't write much about it, but it is really hard to "get used to." I use the RPN mode and usually calculate problems faster than users with a TI-89 or other calculators using the algebraic mode.

The ClassPad is simply amazing. The advantage is already well-discussed, the intuitive accessibility/usability. The ClassPad will let you do what you want to do, and that's the POINT. I don't know how many millions of times I have looked up what I want to do in the 900-page poorly written pdf manual of my HP 50g. Sometimes I find the solution, but that's quite rare. Until the day I got the ClassPad, I often opened up MATLAB and Maple to solve what I couldn't solve with the 50g (How frustrating!).

In a nutshell,
ClassPad 330 = Maple + Excel + Windows (or Mac) with a superior CPU and higher contrast display

Although I write bad things about my 50g, I really love that. Using the right thing for the right use is the best practice.Get more detail about Graphing Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment