Sunday, August 23, 2009

Buy Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator


First of all, I'm a mortgage underwriter, so I'm coming at this from a mortgage underwriter's perspective. I've been using an HP 10B for the past several years. Recently, one of the numeral keys started to stick, so I decided it was time to buy a new calculator. After reading reviews for several different calculators on Amazon, I decided to take a flyer on the TI BA II Plus. After using it for a few days, I wish I had gotten another HP. Don't get me wrong, this is a solid calculator, but I miss a couple features from my old HP. First of all, the top of the HP was intentionally thicker than the bottom, creating a slight downward slope, thereby improving readability of the display. Secondly, I am mildly annoyed that the TI requires me to press two separate buttons (which are separated by 2 rows and 3 keys) in order to perform the final calculation on an amortized payment, whereas the HP required but a single keystroke. Granted, it's a minor nuisance, but a nuisance that accumulates over time. On the plus side, the calculator is sturdy, and the keypad has a good feel to it. It's just missing a few finishing touches.Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment