Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Buying Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator


As a science educated researcher, I have always been accustom to scientific or graphing calculators. But my Finance class called for this puppy, and I willingly obliged. I have used the calculator for about a month now, and do find the financial shortcuts pretty great but I have three complaints about the unit overall. 1) There is no Pi button!! But I guess this is forgivable since you don't need Pi for most financial calculations. 2) The buttons are difficult and annoying to press. They lack that nice feel that my TI 83+ gave me, but more than that they are difficult to press. By no means are they impossible to press but you have to really strike each key in order to press the button. 3) No hard cover. The cover that comes with the unit is an imitation leather. I would rather a hard plastic case, that slides on the back of the calculator. If I could do it all over again I would have purchased the Texas Instruments BA II Plus Financial Calculator (the non professional edition). It can do all of the calculations the professional can, and it comes with a hard case, and easy to press buttons. Save your money and don't buy the professional edition, even my professor said he bought it just because it was the newest, "And the school paid for it."Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment