Thursday, September 10, 2009

Shop For Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator


Buying this calculator I was excited, but it did nothing for me and now I'm glad to say I'm through with it. Lots of things are hard-wired into the system that don't make any sense: irregular "time-savers" that just cause confusion, buttons for things that you don't need a "whole button" for, options put in weird submenus that are hard to get to, other options that you want but don't have. Information in the worksheets is spread out all over the place and the ways to enter it vary unpredictably.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but the main complaint I have it with the "chain" and the "AOS" systems. They are both error prone unless you're doing something simple like adding 2 plus 2, because you have way of going back over your long painstaking calculation because you can't look back over your entry string afterwards to make sure you entered it in correctly. So you have to start all over.

My sense about this calculator is that it was probably designed on the cheap to get you to pay extra for the same calculator as the BA II Plus. If you need something for an exam save your money and get something cheaper, I recommend a 2-line scientific calculator like the 30X IIS (solar-powered) or IIB (battery-powered) are under 20 dollars. Or maybe you just really want those business worksheets but I tried them and don't like them. You should do that stuff on a laptop, learn how to write your own programs and get exactly what you want.

For more money you can get a graphing calculator like the TI-89 which is kind of large and heavy but very powerful and well-designed, perfect for college. Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment