Monday, March 15, 2010

Texas Instruments, Inc - TI-30XIIB - Texas Instruments TI-30XIIB Scientific Calculator Immediately


Beware. If you try to enter a negative number and square it (hit the - number sign, enter a number like 3 and then hit the X2 button) it will show an answer of -9 (for my -3 squared example). It, obviously, should be positive 9. I called TI to report this bug and the lady said you have to put parenthesis around the - number and it works fine and it's not a bug. I'm a software developer, that is a bug (undocumented feature). It also seems to work if you do minus sign, 3, = and then x2. It's not intuitive, though.

The calculator seems to work otherwise and many in my daughter's class have this model. She brought me her homework and said it didn't look right. She was correct because the squares of the negatives were wrong!

My sharp scientific calculator calculates squares absolutely correctly.Get more detail about Texas Instruments, Inc - TI-30XIIB - Texas Instruments TI-30XIIB Scientific Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment