Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cheapest Sharp EL-738C 10-Digit Financial Calculator


I haven't really explored my calculator since buying it a year ago. I'm a college student in BA. I find the time value of money calculations very simple. The Stat functions are clean enough. I used to use an RPN calculator, and I miss doing it that way instead of brackets. I'd prefer to see my intermediate answers instead of the formula entered.

The calculator comes with a fold-over vinyl cover. I found that looked cheap and got in the way. I pulled the cover off and use it to carry index cards. The calculator bounces around loose in my briefcase or pocket and can take it. It's been stepped on (with socks) and ignored it. The glass display window doesn't pick up scratches. It's a lot more elegant looking without the cheap vinyl cover, and has no-slip feet behind the glued-on cover.

Several reviews are unhappy with the battery. Mine is still good after more than a year.

The keystrokes to set various settings are non-obvious. If you lose your manual you can download another. Things like setting it to a floating decimal need the book (why would the default be fixed??)Get more detail about Sharp EL-738C 10-Digit Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment