Saturday, October 31, 2009

Buy Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator


I just brought this from Staples, and I brought this because of it's PRICE(relative to the HP 12C Platinum 25th Anniversary Edition) and from some reviews I've saw. Unfortunately, one of the other reviewers were right about the number buttons, they don't always work, OR the calculator's processor doesn't register them for some reason.

For example, i tried pressing a few random numbers with the relatively fast(try 100), most will display, but one will sneak in and not appear, no matter how you press it or from what angle you press. I also tried other numbers and it is the same. How ever if I enter it slowly, a one second of each other, it always works. I observed that repeating a number will have a higher frequency of not registering. (try 1100223344 fast)

What puts me off is that because the click of the button is so obvious, I would assume it will always register and not have a second thought of not pressing down enough. So this problem sticks out like a sore thumb. From the fact that all the buttons acted the same way, I'd have to guess it's a design flaw, plus i don't have time testing their products for them. I will return it and buy the HP 12C instead, of course not looking back.

We're talking about real money and a CFA exam at stake, I can't have something this risky missing a number in one of my lengthy calculations.
Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment