Thursday, October 29, 2009

Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator This instant


I have had an HP-12C for a long, long time. When I recently wanted an extra calculator to supplement my HP-12C I decided to try something different. I had already picked up an HP-10B over the years (which I also loved), but I read on-line that the quality of that calculator had gone downhill, so I decided to save some money in comparison to the HP-12C and try an Texas Instruments BAII Plus. Bad idea. While it had good weight and a solid feel, I found I was constantly pressing numbers without them being entered unless I really concentrated (not that my particular calculator was defective, just the way the keys operate). Since accurate data entry is an absolute precondition to everything else, that flaw in the BAII Plus was fatal as far as I was concerned. Also, the interface on common functions was enough different from the HP-12C to require an substantial adjustment. So I went back to the HP-12C, this time the Platinum edition. The Platimum edition HP12-C had far improved speed from my old 12C, a backspace key and the ability to (if I were inclined) to change to algebraic number entry -- a different feel from old 12C but still solid keys and no data entry errors. So the BAII has been retired.
Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment