Sunday, October 4, 2009

Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator Review


The buttons skip. When I press them, the buttons give a reassuring soft click, designed to signal to me that the number has been entered. But frequently the number is NOT entered, even though the button clicks. The result is that I get wrong results and have to repeat my work. This is immensely frustrating, and it seems to happen mostly with a few digits (0, 1). The whole point of a tactile button-click is to give feedback that the number has been received. Because of what must be shoddy design or manufacturing, my unit is unreliable. Because it is unreliable, I have to double-check my entries--which slows my work down--or I have to press extra-hard on every button (which gets wearing when you have hours of work to do).

How can a simple product like a calculator be so hard to get right? This is mature technology, apparently from a leading company in the field, but it cannot do the job reliably. Making a calculator look flashy is secondary to making a calculator that does its work and does not waste my time repeating my work.Get more detail about Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator.

No comments:

Post a Comment